Grove Trust Grants
For 2022 the Grove Trust decided to focus on the Cost of Living Crisis.
1. We have given Future Men an early grant of £20,000.00 to ensure the continuation of the Boys’ Development Programme in RBKC for the academic year 2022/23.
2. Solidarity Sports https://www.solidaritysports.org (£50,000 each year for two years) to fund a new senior position - Chief Operations Officer - for two years.
For over a decade, Solidarity Sports uses play to nurture disadvantaged children recovering from complex trauma. They support children's healing through sports, healthy eating, arts, educational trips, mentorship programmes and holidays within the UK and abroad. There is a great need to expand and extend their service as the referrals of children to Solidarity Sports from Social Services are ever increasing.
3. “Hot Food Provision” (£30,000 for the 20 week pilot, additional £30,000 dependant on success of the pilot)
The Hot Food Provision project is a collaboration that we have worked to establish between Harrow Club, Rugby Portobello Trust, London Sports Trust and Dalgarno Trust. The idea is that each of these centres, with their commercial kitchens on site, should have a provision for hot food for the young people that are coming in to attend their programmes.This is a pilot and the cooking and food will be supplied by EAT Club: we will fund it and run it for 20 weeks for £30,000. If successful we shall continue for another 20 weeks.
4. Venture Centre https://www.venturecentre.org.uk (£20,000 for one year)
We decided to fund a year of the "Meet & Eat” programme which takes place every Wednesday at Venture Centre, along with a year of the “Community Cookery” which takes place every Friday. These two weekly sessions are providing a hot meal, in a warm space, with community leaders, GPs, the police and other community figures who come in to speak with them. This is helping to not only feed local residents who need a warm meal, it is also helping with isolation, mental health and keeping them connected to the community.
5. Kensington + Chelsea Foundation https://thekandcfoundation.com(£7,000 for one year)
We will be giving £7,000 to their Winter Crisis campaign which is provide relief for people who cannot pay their fuel bills
Avondale Extra http://www.avondaleextra.com (£10,000)
We have decided to donate the £10,000 in our Special Projects fund to Avondale Extra for their breakfast club, to go towards feeding local children breakfast for a year.